Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Trying to remember....

For those of you that haven't had children, your memory is just never the same after you give birth. Really...I'm not kidding. I thought I had lost my brain when I had Lexie but now that I have had Cam....there seems to be nothing left. I can't remember what day it is, what we did two days ago, etc. So trying to remember what happened in 2007 is almost hopeless. I wanted to jot some of the things that happened to us, just so if/when my brain is completely gone, I have something to remind me. There was good and bad....let's see what I remember:

January ended with Keith losing his job at Swanberg Bros Trucking unexpectedly. But the good part about that was they had already paid for his last year of HD mechanics at LCC which was starting in March. The other good thing was that it released him from his contract, which was a blessing because he really wasn't happy there anyways.
February
was Lexie's 2nd birthday. She was so excited to get her red wagon. We had a small party with a few family and friends and she has been talking about birthdays ever since. (She always asks who's birthday is next and says that they will get two presents and have hats and balloons just like she did!) We also escaped to Whitefish with Regan and Jennie for a weekend getaway.
March
welcomed baby Katie Unger to the Dyck side of the family and was also the start of my maternity leave. Keith started his last year at the college and did really well!
Our Cameron Blake was born 2 weeks early on April 8, which was also Easter Sunday. My water broke 2-3pm the day before and I was induced around 5:30pm that evening. This labor was so much easier then Lexie's. I had my epidural by 11:30pm and really didn't feel any serious contractions. My dad stayed for the majority of the waiting time, which was surprising but cool at the same time. Cam was born 7:41 am and was 7 lbs 4 oz and 19 inches long. I don't know who was prouder....Daddy or Grandpa Harvey.
May, June
are a bit of a blur. I think that was the sleep deprivation and adjusting to 2 kids. We bought a trailer around that time and we used it for the family reunions in July. (Hopefully we will get more use out of it this year!) Keith and I did celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and I think we went out to dinner quickly, cuz of the new baby and all.
July was a Holt reunion at Payne Lake Lodge and later that month was the Dyck reunion at Anne and Harvey's new acreage and Keith's birthday. The infamous garage was started in August and that project is still on the go. September's Labour Day Monday was spent in Waterton with my family. We stopped at the picnic area just after the Red Rock turnoff and was entertained by the neighboring picnickers and the visit of a mother black bear with her cubs. I remember Lexie eating lots of watermelon and popcorn twists and throwing rocks into the river with Papa and Auntie 'Chelle.
In October we did the usual Thanksgiving dinner and Halloween. Lexie was a pink poodle and Cam was a red dinosaur. We went trick or treating at the Mall and then ventured to Raymond for the usual hamburger stop at the Fire Hall with Papa Charlie. Lexie really enjoyed carving punkins with Daddy and Grandma (Anne) and she named them Jack, Jacko, and Sarah. She was quite devastated when we had to give them to the garbage man.
The year ended with lots of family get togethers and good food. I'd say we had a pretty good year. Like I said...lots of ups and downs, but we survived and are the stronger because of it. Here's to 2007 and the beginning of 2008....let it begin!!!

2 comments:

Chelley Belle said...

sounds like a very interesting year! but yet again we all made it through. its good to write the memories down, so you can go back later and realize that its possible to make it though. Lexie and Cam are so big now! wow how they grow so fast. love you lots

KellyLady said...

Completely understand the whole can't remember a thing....hence why I blog!