Dec 22 was with Keith's mom,dad, his brother and fiancee. We opened lots of presents and had a good dinner of ribs and stuffed potatoes. Dec 23 was back at his parents but with the Janzen (his mom's side) extended family. That was really busy and we ate awesome food then too! (Lasagna, Caesar salad and garlic bread and later on a meat/cheese/buns meal) Lots of sweets too! We did the Chinese Christmas exchange, the game where you draw numbers and pick from a pile of presents or steal an opened one. One of my favorite in-law traditions. Christmas Eve I went to my mom's earlier in the day ( Did I mention that I was locked out of the house with Cam and had to wait over an hour in my truck to get in the house. Not a highlight of the holidays but definitely a memory! I left my key at my house and my mom, Lex, and 'Chelle were still in Lethbridge , as was my dad! None of my friend's were around, so I couldn't even drop in on one of them! Very frustrating! But Cam did well and it was all good in the end!) Anyhoo...we had Chinese food that night and basically was entertained by Lexie and her Christmas renditions of Jingle Bells and Snowmiester! After the tradition of opening jammies, we got the kids back home earlier then I expected and waited for Santa to arrive. I think we were even in bed before 11pm! Christmas morning, the kids actually slept in (which doesn't happen very often!) Keith, Cam and I were waiting for Lexie to wake up and when she finally did at 8:30am, I asked if Santa had come and she just shrugged her shoulders and said, "Well, maybe tomorrow!" I told her to go see and when she saw that Santa HAD come, all she could do was run around and say "Wow! Wow! Wow!" Pretty excited girl!! We made it back to my parents for one of the best part of Christmas--Fondue brunch!! This is the longest standing tradition in my family. Every Christmas morning, after presents are done, my mom makes Welsh Rabbit (which is the fancy name for cheese fondue). We have ham, sausage, tater tots, and cherry tomatoes to dip in the fondue and enjoy it with scrambled eggs and usually some kind of sweet buns. SO YUMMY!! Another favorite is the drink too! Its called wassail....which is a combination of orange juice, pineapple juice, vanilla and almond extract, ice and sprite. I realize that I have been talking a lot about the food but it was all sooo good! Everyone got lots of stuff and we made it through the holidays. It was a good year!! Lots of memories and I am glad that my Lexie does know the real reason for the season, even if the presents and food easily overwhelm!
Everyday after that I spent with my family. Keith had to go back to work or has been in his garage so I have kept busy going to Raymond or out and about with my mom and sister. It was really good to have her home! I really wish she lived closer. :( We even spent a lot of time with my older brother Greg and his family. It was so good to see all the family interacting and having fun. It's been a long time coming.
Now the new year is coming and I think about making New Year's resolutions. *sigh* There are so many changes that I want to make, but I need to keep it realistic and achievable. I guess for now I want to:
1) be a better mom and wife
2) get my house organized
3) be a better me
We will see what happens!!!
Happy New Year to all!!!!
Oh....here are some holiday pics to brighten this up!!
Cam and Mom
2 comments:
Love the pics! So glad that we got to see eachother for a couple of minutes this holiday! Miss ya!
we definately did survive!!! i was so glad to be home for christmas and had tons of fun! glad to see that lexie finally warmed up to max ( i was a little worried when she was scared of him, but not too worried because Cam seemed to love him!) talk to you soon love ya
Post a Comment