Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Funny story

I want to share a Lexie story before I forget it but first I have to give a few details so it makes sense. Last year Lexie was really into the Christmas Nativity story. My mom has many nativity scenes throughout her house and Lexie wouldn't leave the figurines alone. So Nana was a genius and bought Lexie a set of her own. Of course, Lexie had forgotten about them until today when we were decorating the house. (yes, house decorated, check mark! ) They are tiny figurines, but they are perfect for Lex.

So as I am decorating around the living room, Lexie is playing with her set. The next thing I know, she goes flying out of the room and returns with her little people doll house. I ask her what she is doing and our conversation goes something like this:

Me: What are you doing?
Lexie: It's baby Jesus' birthday and we are having a party. Look, here are the wise guys (that's thanks to Papa Charlie) and they are bringing him presents. Isn't that fun??

So here she has all of the figurines from her set gathered around the stroller with baby Jesus in the middle. Too funny....and then this is the conversation a few minutes later.

Me: Why are you playing with my set when you have your own little one?
Lexie: But Mom they needed to move to the bigger party cuz it's Christmas and Jesus' birthday and we are having bigger party! Look, more presents (as there are more Wisemen with the two set combined) And look mom....we invited the Dust Bunnies!!!! (For those of you who haven't had the pleasure...Dust Bunnies are from the Big Comfy Couch kid show!)

Isn't it funny how kids get the jist of something and then just run with it. Ah my Lexie, the child with an imagination. I can't wait to see what she is like on Christmas morning!!


This is a picture from last year when Lexie walked around the house pretending to be Mary. Just thought I would throw this in cuz its funner with pics!

2 comments:

Jennie Holt said...

that is a really cute story suz!! she is hilarious!

KellyLady said...

Love it! I love the things that kids come up with...especially when you're trying to teach them something important.