Ya know...it was just a week ago that I was saying that I was getting in the Christmas spirit but in actuality...I guess it was just that day. I still haven't decorated my house or a tree or even attempted at baking some goodies BUT I will tell you what I have done. I have played with my kids, tried to clean my house and have done a bit more shopping. I guess that counts for something. My mom and I made some presents for friends today. It was a riot trying to come up with a nifty little saying to go with it. Lexie loves to go to Nana's. (I ask her all the time what she wants to do and usually that is the first thing she says "We can go to Nana's house!! ) While we were there today we let her watch The Santa Clause movie. It was so funny watching her reaction to "Santa" and the reindeer. She got soo excited when the elves came on. That's the way to see Christmas, through the eyes of a child.
I've spent a lot of time with my sister in law these past few days. She is soo inspiring. Jenn even convinced me to take my kids in the freezing cold snow for pics:



It was Cam's first time in the snow. His winter coat and snow pants are way too big so he couldn't sit by himself. (That's why I'm sitting there. I'm not a fan of the camera but Jenn was very convincing.....we were freezing and we wanted a pic of both kids.) So hopefully the next time he is in the snow...he will be able to actually sit and then we can see what he really thinks.
Memory: Cam snuggling in when he was tired and Lexie saying "peppermint" (but that's not what she said!)
2 comments:
Love the pics! I want ones of us in the snow....every year I think of Christmas cards and then it's Christmas before I know it. Sigh.
ha ha ha peckermint!! that WAS funny!! the pics turned out cute!! we need to take some more when it isnt dark out tho!! next time it snows...or christmas..maybe we could get some of the whole fam! ur a cutie i love this blog idea...beats writing in a journal!
Post a Comment