So I started and just about finished my Christmas shopping today. Why is this amazing...well because I usually don't start/stop until 1 1/2 weeks before the actual day. It actually feels pretty good. My mom was my shopping accomplice and we were at it for about 5 hrs. We did stop for a quick bite to eat but that is a pretty successful day with two lil ones in tow. My kids were amazing little troopers and we had a great time. My mom got one of those double child carts that the mall has, and good thing too! By the time we were done...it was full of stuff (no kids) AND my stroller was full ( I had to carry Cam). We tried to get Lexie to see Santa but she would only shake his hand and wave. "He's a little different!" was what she told me later on. Funny girl. Cam thought he was quite grown up when Nana put him in the front of the cart. He was steering the wheel and everything. (where was my camera!!) I was really surprised how long he actually lasted riding around like that *sigh* I can't believe how fast they are growing....*sniff*.
So with just a few more presents to get, I need to decorate my house and do some baking and Christmas will be here. I think the baking will be done at Mom's cuz she's the best Christmas baker. Maybe if I hang around while she is cooking then it might rub off on me too (and I'll get to bring it home with me! ;) I actually am looking forward to the holidays. Maybe its the snow but its definitely not the cold weather! No bah humbug this year!
:)
Memory of the day: Cam riding in the cart: thinking he's soo big and Lexie saying "I love you mommy" for no particular reason while playing with her ponies! ( I add this for my benefit...it seems having children has reduced my memory skills.)
4 comments:
so i tried to leave a comment, and then it kicked me out!! so not cool!.. anyways.. sounds like you guys had lots of fun yesterday! i wish that i was there. i think that all we needed was mom to get us in the spirit, i know that it worked for me when she was up here. When are you putting your christmas tree up? mines been up for weeks now! You should always carry your camera with you, that way you'll always have it when you want it.. i'm sure it was a priceless moment to see Cam so excited to see the world, and for Lexie to see Santa... anyways.. only 22 more days till i'm home!! so excited.. love you lots
sounds like alot of fun...where are the pics?? you need to start taking your camera!! luv ya!
that last comment was jennie...trying to sign in as me....we'll see if it works!
Shopping with kids is either really great or really horrible! I'm so glad yours were troopers for the day! Shopping with moms is always the best - especially at Christmas! Hope to see you next time we're down!
Love ya!
Post a Comment