Friday, January 11, 2008

A bit late, I know....

I swore that I would update regularly ButI think I missed a week or two. Thanks 'Chelle for the reminder! :)

Lexie is really starting to get her sense of humor and anything that might not be very nice "is just a joke, Mom." But she is pretty excited about her new joke that her "bestest" friend Cayle taught her today:

Lexie: Knock, knock.
You: Who's there?
Lexie: Boo.
You: Boo, who?
Lexie: Hey, don't cry...it's just a joke!

She usually ends up saying most of the joke herself and then runs away at the end seriously laughing. I just wonder what lies ahead of us in the joke department. If she has the same sense of humor as her dad...then I am in trouble. She is really trying to grow up and will do just about anything for attention. Anytime she is about to get in trouble, she will start to sing "Spider pig, Spider pig. Does whatever a Spider pig does!" (from the new Simpson movie. She has NOT seen this movie but heard Keith singing it one time and started singing it a few days later.) Lexie knows that Keith thinks this is hilarious and it usually distracts him from getting after her. My big girl is growing so fast. She excels at just about everything but I have to say this potty-training stuff is for the birds!!! I broke down and bought the book "Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day" as recommended by her doctor. She swears it worked for the son of the same age. This will be my new "project". I am about 2/3 through and will let you know how it goes!

Cam has just cut his first tooth! So excited, maybe things will get better now. He still doesn't sleep but I think I am adjusted to that, but I still hope it will get better. We actually took him swimming for the first time a week or two ago...he loved it. Another water baby... I guess I better lose this extra 20 lbs if I have to start wearing those blasted swimming suits more often!

I have lots of good pics to put up but have run out of time. I am going out with a friend for dinner while our two husbands take on the SEVEN kids (ages 1 week to 8yrs). It will be interesting to see how this day ends!! Until next time.....

2 comments:

Chelley Belle said...

i hope that the potty training goes well now! but like mom says, she will when she's ready to! Thats exciting about Cam and his new tooth! what a little man he is. Lexie is a character, and you definately dont expect to hear what she says.. so cute!! keep up the good mommy work!! Hope you have a great night out!!!

KellyLady said...

I HATE potty training. I am dreading the day that I have to start with Rhett. Good luck...