Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Pretty Good Week

I have to say that this has been a pretty good week. Keeping busy is sometimes hard to do but then it seems like everything comes up at once. On Wednesday we finally got sod in our back yard. I am soo very proud of Keith...he worked hard breaking up the ground with a hoe the night before it arrived. Because of the pounding rain that we had for days on end, the Roundup didn't do its job and all the weeds were still growing. He spent a few good hours turning the soil so our new lawn wouldn't have weeds (at least not in the beginning). Harvey and Cayle were both at the house by 2pm (I was amazed they both took the afternoons off to help) and they were all done by 4pm. It looks so good...and i can't wait for the fence so we can actually let the kids loose and play.

Thursday was full of surprises. I actually got to take a nap in the afternoon which I loved! It was so nice to get some extra zzz's! Michelle came and watched the kids so I could work my 4-7pm (hard, I know) at RBC. I was sitting at my desk when my husband walks in with a DOZEN PINK ROSES. My only thought was 'What did you do??!!' --which I feel terrible about (but you really can't blame me for that because it was the second time in 10 yrs that I have gotten flowers and the first time was when he did do something that needed soothing over!) 'Chelle was nice enough to stay a couple extra hours so Keith and I were able to have dinner at East Side Marios. So yummy!

Then on Friday we received an email from Keith's sister Heather, asking if they could come stay in a few weeks for a couple days. I mentioned to Keith that it would be nice to have the second bathroom done for when they are here. He was on the phone immediately asking his Dad if he could help tile the floor. So Saturday bright and early, Harvey was here and the two of them laid our new bathroom floor. I am not a person that particularly likes tile floors but I have to say that it looks awesome!!!

So there you have it....TWO big projects done in less then four days. I can hardly believe it!! Now...to get the rest of the bathroom done before company comes!!!

No comments: