Of course we went to Raymond's July 1st parade. Lexie was so excited. We always sit in the same spot across from Raymond Motors. This year it was our lil family, my parents, Michelle, Reeg and Jenn and my Aunt and Uncle and their daughter in law from Cardston. It is funny how we used to take up 3-4 trucks with every one lined up but this year it was only one!
Lexie telling everyone she lives in Canada
That afternoon we were surprised by a flash flood in Lethbridge. The water came so high and so fast that the city ended up closing roads and parks. Keith said the water at the end of our street was up to a guy's thighs and people with trucks wouldn't drive through the puddles. (I was hiding at my mom's with the kids) The City ended up calling a state of emergency and put on a water ban. So I packed up the kids and went back to Raymond. Keith stayed to 'man the fort' but I think he just wanted a good nights sleep. We were lucky tho, no water in our basement where there were houses all around us that had major water damage.
We had a Holt family reunion at Pavan park on the second. It was great to see people but I have to admit that I went just to see these favorite cousins of mine!!!
Keith's sister, Heather and her family came down to stay with us for the weekend. We had a great time visiting and eating and visiting and eating some more. (I don't know why we didn't take pics...hopefully next time!) We went to the Coaldale candy parade on July 5th and met up with a bunch of friends and Keith's family.
So that is the first week of July...I am tired now so I will keep going later...hopefully sooner then later....lol
1 comment:
Looks like you brought July in with a bang! Hope to see you when I'm down!
Post a Comment