So I have gotten a bit behind with this blog so I am going to backtrack to Easter with the Dycks first. The Saturday before Easter most of the Dyck family met in Calgary to spend the day together. Heather, Jeremy, and baby Katie drove down from Edmonton and the rest of us (Keith's parents, Rory--but Lew was busy, and the four of us) drove up and met at The Olive Garden. We made great time and the kids were awesome on the way up (thanks to a dvd player and leaving at Cam's naptime). We had to wait 45 minutes for a table but that was okay though, the kids had time to stretch their legs and we got to visit a bit. (We are soo excited about Heather and Jer's big news!) It took a while to get service but really what can you expect when you have 10 people to serve at lunch time in Calgary on the Saturday of a long weekend?? The food was amazing!! Lexie was a star and fed Katie most of her own soup while Cam licked up almost all of Lexie's Mac and Cheese. I wish I had the pics but my camera was at the bottom of the diaper bag and I had my hands full! I will have to get them from Anne. After lunch we all packed up and headed to the Calgary Zoo. I was worried about the weather being too cold but it turned out to be quite nice. A bit nippy but with layers, we all kept warm. Cam slept for the first half but Lexie was a trooper and walked most the way herself. We all had a pretty great time!I will stop with my chatting and show you some pics!
Baby Katie and Cam (they are exactly 2 weeks apart)
Auntie Heather, Uncle Jeremy and Baby Katie
Keith, Lexie and Cam (proving we were actually there)
I know...there are no pics of the animals, but the last time we went to the zoo, I took lots of pics and now just flip (or click) over them. Lexie's favorites were the zebras, the monkeys, and the lions. Cam liked the piranha's (they glowed in the tank). I discovered anteaters (I had never seen one before and I didn't know how huge they were!). It was great trip. Hopefully we can all get together again soon!
1 comment:
So fun! I would love to do the zoo with my kids...hmmm maybe we could bribe the aunties to come with us and go sometime this summer!
Post a Comment