Sunday, August 21, 2011
Strategy
Both of our kids have struggled with swimming lessons - as in have failed 4 years in a row because neither one will actually put their face under the water. They started a new round two weeks ago and it seemed to be going well. Until day 6 when L had a panic attack about being in the shallow end of the deep pool. She was crying so hard she could barely breathe and begging to go home. She made it through the lesson (absolutely heart wrenching to watch) and we talked about it all the way home about what she would have to do the next day. Then randomly throughout the day she would start to cry as she thought of having to go back in the deep water. She came crying to me at one point and I asked what she was going to do. Her wailing response was "If only I had a dog to teach me to doggy paddle. Then I would know how to swim!!" I replied with a very unsympathetic "Uh, no." Lexie immediately stopped crying and said "Well, if I learn how to swim, THEN can I get a dog?" It made me laugh but she still got the same response. I texted Keith to tell him about how his daughter was negotiating for a dog. He immediately texted back with "So, when are we getting a dog??!!" Nice try - both of you! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
HA HA nooooo don't give in suz!! then chloe would not want to come over anymore! hope the lessons go better next time!
Um...Is she related to her mom or her dad?? :) Thats a cute story!
That's so sad and cute and funny all at the same time!
Post a Comment