Tuesday, August 2, 2011

High Expectations

Lexie finally had a loose tooth - two actually. She was ecstatic about this as most of her friends have lost two or more. She wiggled it and wiggled it. One day, I tried to pull it out for her. After a few minutes of tears and other dramatics, I got frustrated and sent her to have a bath. A few minutes later I am summoned to the bathroom, where I found Lexie's mouth gushing blood and with a gaping hole. She actually pulled it out herself!! Lexie put her tooth in her tooth pillow and flipped and flopped all night, anticipating the arrival of the Tooth Fairy. She woke in the morning and came to show me her prize. She holds out her toonie, that I am sure the Tooth Fairy had to scrounge up, and says " Yeah its a toonie but I was sure she was going to leave me one of those red or green paper moneys!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That toothfairy...trickster!

Lisha said...

Ha ha ha! Did you tell her a "back when I was young" story? We only got a quarter back in the day. Darn inflation!