** for some reason - this story didn't type out the way I wanted it to - sorry if it doesn't make sense - but we thought it was pretty funny **
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Never Assume...
When Keith is home for his 12 day stretch, he takes Lexie to/from school and any other running around that needs to be done. This is nice for me as I have to drag Cameron with me if I go and he isn't always co operative. But this time around Keith is home for 21 days (He came home early to surprise Lexie for her birthday--she is SIX now, can you believe it and I should really do a separate post about that....hmmmm) Anyways - today her kindergarten class went on a field trip to Smitty's and Keith drove for that too. I was running to a few stores with Cameron and had one more to go when C decided that he really needed to go home. I met up with Keith at the school and he took Cam home while I waited for Lexie. As I was waiting, this mom (I'm not even sure who's mom she is) came up to me and asked how Lexie adjusted to being bounced around from house to house. Um what?? Apparently this Mom assumed that Keith and I were divorced as she saw me everyday for a few weeks and then only Keith for a few weeks. I can't even imagine having the guts to even approach someone I have never talked to about a possible very sensitive situation. Some people!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
SERIOUSLY?!?!? Wow. I hope she felt really bad for asking you that when you explained. That's just as bad as aksing a woman when she's due when she's not pregnant (which BTW has happened to me recently :( ) Glad you're laughing about it!
HA HA HA oh my heck! who DOES that?? seriously some people need to be kicked in the head,
I think you're a magnet for these people. First the lady at the salon, now the divorce assumption woman. You have a way better sense of humour than me. I probably would have ripped her a new one.
Post a Comment