Sunday, January 16, 2011

Backing Up

Yes - I am behind again with blogging. Its a denial thing mostly. Cuz honestly, I just wanted to skip Christmas all together this year. If it wasn't for my sister and my mom, I would probably not even put up a tree or baked at all this year. Keith's paycheck was 2 1/2 months late, so trying to be cheap and not spend money but still get things ready was just stressful (It finally showed up on Dec 23 - good thing for visa!)  Keith had to work from Dec 20 to Jan 6 so it was rush rush to get everything done before he had to go. We had Christmas with his family the week before. Dec 18 we had a quick get together with the Dyck extended family and then Dec 19 we had "Christmas" with just our little family. The kids got up in the morning and I asked if they were ready for presents. Cam just said no, he needed cereal. When he finished, I asked again and he just asked for more cereal. I asked again and he jumped down from the table and said "Oh?! Is it my birthday?" We finally opened the presents we bought for each other and the kids. I was super excited to get an Ipod Touch from Keith - who insisted that he would never buy me one. The kids and I gave Keith a pressure washer and remote control truck. Lex was super excited about her 'Tangled' Barbie and girl lego and Cam loved his Iron Man and army men. 
We then headed to Keith's parent's house for Christmas with the rest of his family and Oma/Opa Janzen.  We opened presents, went sledding with the quads and ate dinner. We had a pretty nice time. This year we put together stockings for his parents for the first time and I think that was a hit. Harvey even handed back his empty stocking so he could get a refill next year. Ha!
Oma and Opa Janzen
Heather reading to kids

Keith ended up leaving a day early because he bought a NEW work truck - 2011 Ford F250 extended cab in a snazzy metallic grey. Our very first brand new purchase. He is so excited!!  His work truck has slowly been dying for a few months now. The repair bills were getting bigger and bigger so it was just time to make the big jump. After 4 hours of searching Ford stock online, my Dad was finally able to track one down in BC, so off they went to pick it up. It meant Keith had to leave early to go back to work due to weather, but it is nice to know there shouldn't be any more repair bills coming any time soon. He truly deserves it tho! Just a way that shows that this crazy being apart 16 days a month has its rewards too.

Christmas was quickly here after Keith left. I packed up the kidlets and we moved to Raytown for a few days. This was the first Christmas in I can't remember how long, that my entire family was to be together for Christmas. Greg and his kids stayed over for 2 nights too and 'Chelle, Reeg, Jenn and crew were there most the time too. We did our traditional Chinese feast Christmas Eve and tried something new for a family gift exchange. Everyone brought a gift and we drew numbers and did the stealing Chinese gift exchange. It went really well I thought; especially because we had to have gifts that could suit a 8 yr old up to my Dad. The funniest was when Jenn opened a Justin Bieber book that I brought and Britt just about died, she wanted it sooo bad. Definitely the steal of the game. 

Santa came on his quad - surprising the lil kids. (I have to borrow some pics from Jenn.) It was the cutest thing ever. He had letters and candy canes for all the kids. They were all lined up waiting their turns, Cam was as still as he could be. But you could tell he was just dying for his name to be called. After he left, Chloe turned to her Mom and asked "Mom? Santa - where my Belle toys??" They had been pumping her up for Santa to come cuz he was bringing her Belle toys and she couldn't get why they weren't there. Pretty dang cute.

It took forever for the kids to go to sleep - like 3 am for Greg's kids at least. Santa came and went and Cam was up at 6:30am. I rushed him past the tree and presents and he had his juice and cereal. We opened presents (spoiled rotten by Nana and Papa and Santa) and got ready for fondue brunch. We basically lazed the day away . We stayed at my parents house for a few more night and then headed home to bring in the new year.  

stockings at Holts

Britt and Lexie showing stocking treasures
Cam digging for more

just what she asked for

Lindsay texting - again

Reeg, Jenn and Chlo-worm and Britt's leg  :)



2 comments:

KellyLady said...

Yeah for not being the only one late on posting Christmas! Of course you did me better and did pictures! Glad everything worked out and you had a great Christmas! Hugs!

Chelley Belle said...

what a great x-mas we had! totally wish i was there earlier tho... when cam actually wanted to open presents. oh well!!! it was fun! spoiled rotten we were!!!
britt was the funniest.. with her expression, i thought she was gonna pee her pants!!!!! lol so funny