Sunday, January 31, 2010

Impressionable? I think so...

We don't have cable.

**gasp**

We only have four measly channels.

This is why...


Reason #1

We are driving in the car.
L: Hey mom, what are you doing Wednesday at five?

M: Um, I dunno. What should I be doing on Wednesday at five?

L: The Bernie Mac show is on TV and its really funny. Everyone laughs after the guy talks. You should watch it, ya know, Wednesdays at five.

(This advertisement is on her Rugrats video....I have never seen the Bernie Mac Show, I am usually making dinner on Wednesdays at five. I have no idea if its funny, but Lexie won't be watching it.) ;)

Reason #2


My friend is taking courses to be an esthetician. I volunteered for her to practice applying gel tips to my fingernails (which makes it really difficult to type, I am discovering.) We turned on retro teletoons (side note...what makes the cartoons I watched as a kid retro?) I could hear the commercials they were watching but didn't think much of it.


As we were driving home, Lexie says something to the effect of....


"Hey mom, did you know that there is this wheel thing with handles that you hold on to and while you keep your feet still, makes you roll up and down. It makes you stick your butt up in the air as you roll back and forth. But after you use it a few times, you get a flat tummy and both boys and girls can use it. Its only 3 easy payments of $29.95 and it comes right to your door. Do you think you should buy one Mommy?
"

um....thanks Lex....I will have to think about that one. (of course cussing the infomercial under my breath).

and that my dear friends....is why we don't have cable....

5 comments:

Chelley Belle said...

ok seriously!!! where does she come up with this stuff?!?! she is one smart kid that one.

i thought that you just ordered cable?!!!!! or has this changed your mind?

lol seriously she is hilarious the things that she picks up on

Suz said...

Shhh....the first reason was from a few weeks ago. We didn't have cable then. I did break down and order cable, but its for me in evenings.

Jennie Holt said...

ha ha that is awesome! she is way too smart! you know you are buying it for treehouse...don't kid yourself!

KellyLady said...

my kids LOVE the retro channel! And I totally know what commercial she's talking about. Don't worry - my kids try to sell me on th stuff too! Oh she makes me life!

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

WOW! Hey, hang in there with Keith gone. And POST pics of the redos in the home!