Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 13

I have been avoiding blogging like the plague. I didn't want to write anything cuz I didn't want to write a post whining the entire time. So I didn't, and now the phone calls are coming (ok, just one so far) with someone mentioning that the ol blog needed a new entry. Ok.....here it is...

Its day thirteen since Keith left on his great North adventure. I must say, its nice to hear the smile in his voice when he calls to report what he is doing and what he is seeing. (He sent a picture of Gary, the giant wild buffalo, that lives around the plant but didn't get a picture of the three lynx he came across.) It seems like he finally found something he likes to do. Wait, I don't remember if I even mentioned where he is and what he is doing. My good friend's husband helped get Keith a job as a battery operator 15-17 hours (depends on who you ask) away from here. He basically drives around to all of the pumps in the area around the plant and takes notes, makes minor repairs if necessary and other things I don't know how to explain. He is gone for over 2 weeks and then is home for a week and a half. After him being home for so long with his back surgery, it wasn't as scary to see him go. I cried when he left, but I think it was more relief of the fact we got through the last few months, then for him leaving, cuz he is coming back. Its actually gone pretty good so far. I did have a rough day 2 days ago, but that passed and we are back on track.

The kids have adjusted well. Cam only asked this past week "Hey, where did my Dad go?" and Lexie loves taking a link off her paper chain every night. (Except yesterday, when she forgot we were counting down and started counting up. She started crying when she thought there was a day more then the day before.) Its easy for me during the days but the evenings get a little quiet and the weekends are horrendously long.

But I have been busy.....

As you 5 readers know, I have been selling Epicure for a few years now. I have been hording most of the money I have earned and finally had enough moula to reinvent my upstairs. My sister thought I was nuts (didn't you 'Chelle?). My mom (who inspires me and keeps me motivated) and I painted the entire living room/dining room/hallway/entryway upstairs. It took 2 days and a most helpful friend who took my kids for the entire first day to get it done. There are, of course, little spots that need to be fixed but its done. I chose the same color as Cam's room (so a nice tan color) and then did the living rm window wall and the bathroom entrance wall a chocolate brown. We ordered new couches before Keith left for up North (so yes inquiring minds...he is aware of the changes) and they will be here on Tuesday afternoon. Unfortunately though, the new blinds I ordered won't be here before Keith gets home, but everything else should be done. Keith took the camera with him or I would show you pictures. Its like having a whole new house! Very exciting. I just hope Keith likes it.....

4 comments:

Chelley Belle said...

ok seriously. i thought you were a little nuts!!!!! but it looks great! u know me i cant express the joy until i see it!!! lol glad to hear that keith likes the new job!

oh! your blog is just something exciting for me to read when i'm bored at work and cant facebook!!! love it love it!!! whoop whoop

Lisha said...

congrats on the new decor, Suz! maybe I'll have to invite myself over to see it so you can meet Paxton!

KellyLady said...

VERY nice mySuz! Congrats on doing so well with Keith gone. Super happy that the job is going so good! It's so much easier when they like what they are doing!

Suz said...

Come on over Lish...I need a baby fix! (get my number from Kell!) Thanks for the support everyone...its makes this a whole lot easier!