Beginning of April, my lil boy turned TWO! We tried to plan a birthday get together for him, but we waited too long and we ended up just having a quiet day. Cam is not a dessert type of kid, so I didn't bother making a cake and he doesn't like ice cream so I couldn't go that route either. I ended up making him rice krispie cupcakes and I think he only ate half of one of those. Nana came for a visit and it took him 15 minutes to get his present opened. We BBQ'd hot dogs and I made baked mac and cheese for dinner, then the four of us went to Monsters vs. Aliens. He sat through the whole movie (with the help of popcorn, of course!) Its only the 2nd movie that he has been to. Gramma and Grampa Dyck came over for a visit. And that was Cameron's birthday. I have tremendous guilt that we didn't make it a bigger deal, but whats done is done and hopefully we can make up for it next year. Other family and friends did make it over to wish him a happy birthday on other days...he just didn't have the same rig-a-ma-roll that Lex did
** side note: Lex actually radomally said to me today "How sad Cameron must be cuz he had no party and cake for his birthday." Then continued on reading her book. Nothing like being handed another spoonful of guilt from a 4 yr old!
** side note: Lex actually radomally said to me today "How sad Cameron must be cuz he had no party and cake for his birthday." Then continued on reading her book. Nothing like being handed another spoonful of guilt from a 4 yr old!

No comments:
Post a Comment