Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Smoochies and Dromedaries

Hello....missed me? 2 people have complained that I haven't updated in a while, so here are 2 Lexisms that happened today while we were at my moms. Maybe if people left more comments, I might be encouraged to post more often. Just a thought.......he he he.

Lex was sitting on the couch looking at an ABC book. She is babbling away and looks at the letter 'C'. She looks up and says "Hey, that a dromedary!" I was stunned because I wasn't sure what that was. So I, of course, asked her what that meant. She gives me this look like "Duh!" and says "Oh, thats a camel with one hump!" I had to google it and yup, she was right!! It was a dromedary camel! The things that she picks up! Apparently it is in her read-a-long Curious George book. (And as if I have to google it to find out what she knows!) Lexie...2 points. Mom....minus 2 points!

All day long Lexie complained that she was hungry. She ate all kinds of things. So finally my mom made her a yogurt/fruit smoothie. Lex was sitting up at the counter drinking her tasty new drink and looks up at my mom and says "Thanks for the smoochie Nana....I love smoochies!" We tried to correct her, but she says that smoochie sounds better. I guess she is right!

4 comments:

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

Super cute. I do love those Lexisms!!!

Chelley Belle said...

what a classic!

Jennie Holt said...

ha ha she is hilarious! my mom was trying to tell someone that story about the camel and i couldn't remember the word....dromedary?? ha ha auntie jenn minus 5 points!!

KellyLady said...

get used to being minus 2 points for things they nknow that you don't! They learn all sorts of things now that we never had a clue about! Such fun stories!