Tuesday, May 6, 2008

29 for the first time

First, I have to say that I have always loved birthdays. I remember counting down from 100 days, 99 days, etc ; driving my family up the wall until the BIG day finally arrives. I turned 29 this year and loved it. I have no fear of getting older. I don't like the saggier skin, the extra pounds that I have found, but I like to think that I am growing in other ways too. My Lexie loves birthdays too. Almost daily we have to run through the line up of who's birthday is coming up and what presents they would like. I hope this will continue and she will always be this thoughtful of others. I had a great day yesterday. My Cam slept until 6am without getting up once. So excited!! (not so much about the 6 am part but I will take the hours of uninterrupted sleep!) I watched my extra 2 kids for the morning and was surprised when my Mom and Dad showed up with KFC for all. (Going out is fun...restaurants with hungry kids is not so much fun!) So KFC was very thoughtful!! They got me the most amazing card that made me want to cry. It said everything I am sure they wanted to say and everything that I needed to hear. Love those two soo very much. I was blown away when Dad and Keith carried in this gigantic box that held my new leatherish toybox/coffee table. (It made my couches look even more terrible but a good incentive to get to saving for new ones!) I tried to find a pic online but couldn't find one, I will take one of my own and put it up someday. I love it! My mom took Lex for a few hours and I took Cam to the doctor (ear infection) and we went shopping for the rest of the afternoon. Keith completed the day by taking me for dinner at Ric's Grill. (Thanks to his parents...Harvey did a great job with Cam! He was pretty nervous!) So I couldn't have had a better day!! It was pretty neat to get all the facebook wishes too...sounds dumb but it was nice. Birthdays are great!!

No comments: