Monday, May 12, 2008

A Night Away/Mother's Day

Well....we finally did it. We finally left the kids overnight so we could get away for some rest and relaxation. Keith and I spent our 6th Anniversary in Calgary at the Westin Hotel (right downtown Calgary). A huge thanks to my Mom and Auntie 'Chelle for wrangling the kiddos while we were gone. You don't know how much I needed it. It was easier then I thought leaving, minus the part where Cam was screaming his head off (but for only a few minutes says Nana). I guess it was just long overdue. We ventured up to Calgary, hit Old Navy, checked into the Westin, went for a stroll to find a place to eat, ate way too much, hit the pool/hot tub and I was sleeping by 11pm. Sounds like a whirlwind overnighter but it was good and I came back refreshed and ready to go again.

Sunday was Mother's Day and even though I didn't get much of a chance to spend time with my Mom, I just wanted to say how much I love her and want her to know that I wouldn't be able to do any of what I have accomplished without her!! I won't go into more details cuz I feel my eyes starting to water....I love you Mom....you are the best and I consider you my best friend. Thanks for everything!!! MUAH!! :)

1 comment:

KellyLady said...

I'm so glad that you had a fabulous time! Getting away is so much fun...even if it's just for a night! Miss you!