Another week has gone by...I can't believe how it flies. Here is what has been going on with us:
Keith: A few weeks back he got a call out of the blue from a business that he dropped his resume off with 3.5 years ago. They made him a job offer and when he went back to Flint to say 'Hey, they are offering me...' Flint said there was no way they could match it, so Keith decided to take the job after days of pro/con lists. His 2nd to last day at Flint, they came back with an offer of a promotion/raise. Keith was really torn between the two but after hours of talking and going back and forth, he decided to stay at Flint. He is now the new shop foreman and I am soo very proud of him!! He has been spending a bit more time at work trying to get paperwork caught up but he seems to be lots happier!! So between his new promotion and tinkering in his garage with his latest and greatest purchase (79 Ford, yes again), he has been keeping busy!!
Lexie: My little girl is turning three this week. *sigh* I can't believe she is THREE!! My little girl is growing up. Today was part one of a two part birthday celebration. Keith's family and all of the great grandparents came over for cake and ice cream. Lexie was so excited. She loves birthdays and I think just about everyday she wonders who's birthday is next. She is still loving her craft desk that Nana and Papa gave her and continues to put her creations on the fridge. Lexie and Cam are really starting to interact with each other more. She got up in the middle of the night and wondered if Cam could get up to play with her. It's great to see them getting along so well, Lex just has to be reminded to be a bit more gentle with him. :)
Cameron: He definitely has had a hard few weeks. So far he is at FIVE new teeth within a two week span. He had his first ear infection this past week and has been miserable! Poor guy! But on the up side, he is really getting mobile which helps his mood. He even pulled himself up today, all by himself. Cam learned to wave good bye this week and clucks his tongue as he scoots around the house. (Lex went with Nana and Michelle yesterday and Cam scooted the entire upstairs looking for her. He was content just scootin around and playing with his two spoons. --Who knew that giving the boy 2 metal teaspoons would keep him occupied for almost an hour!) Sleep is still a huge issue but I can happily report that he can now go to sleep by himself--I don't have to nurse him to sleep. Now, to just get him to sleep more then 2 hours at a time!
Me: I finally got the guts to give my notice at work. My maternity leave is up at the end of March and now that Keith has been promoted, it seals me not having to return to the bank. Surprisingly enough, they wouldn't accept my resignation and I am staying in the casual pool for the CAO desk (my old job). I have to say that it felt awesome that they wanted me to stick around. I will work the odd shift-depending on if I can find sitters, but it will be nice to get out once in a while too! I also decided to become an Epicure consultant. Epicure sells spices and kitchen equipment (cookware) and I love it. I am not supposed to put this on my blog but I had to mention that I am doing this cuz I am soo excited about it!
So that is about it for us...not a lot new but a few things. Hope you are all doing well!! Oh, and a HUGE congrats to Regan and Jennie...can't wait to meet the newest addition!! :) Hope its ok that I said something!
No comments:
Post a Comment