Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My lil helper

As a mom, you have to remember all kinds of things when it comes to your children's hygiene. ie. cleaning ears, brushing/flossing teeth, etc. Obviously I try and keep up with these things but sometimes I forget. I have to keep Cam's fingernails and toenails quite short (yes, my son is a scratcher, but hey at least he is not a biter! You gotta look at the upside of things, right?) Every time I cut his nails, I check Lexie's too. So the other night, I did the routine "Hey Lex, lets check your nails."  I see her fingernails are good and look at her toes. I casually comment that her toes are still short to which she says "Well, of course they are!!" Her confidence made me pause.

M: Um, how are you so sure they are?
L: Well, I take care of them
M: Oh? And how do you do that?
L: Well, I bite them off with my teeth
**ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!??  I have never heard of anyone biting off their toenails. I am thoroughly digusted but continue with the conversation.

M: Oh, I have never seen you do that. When do you bite them? 
L: (with the 'duh Mom' look and voice) When I am supposed to be sleeping....
M: Why the heck would you do that?
L: Well, I can help with the little things around here, can't I?

Yeah, can't argue with that can ya? Still grossed out tho.....why oh why??

4 comments:

KellyLady said...

Sadly I've seen Zane try this...I don't understand what goes on in their heads! But you're right - you can't argue with her logic. You're in BIG trouble when she turns 14 honey...just thought I'd point that out. LOL.

Canadiachik said...

Paige has been busted doing this too. Gag! At first I banned toe polish until she stopped...but when that didn't work I tried painting her toes and told her to keep them pretty. So far so good going on day 3...

Seriously. People don't warn you to look out for such things with your kids. I laughed out loud at Lexi's logic. That's one funny girl!

Suz said...

I am so relieved that she isn't the only one...but I am still so disgusted! I am totally going to try the nail polish thing! Great advice!

Chelley Belle said...

classic one for Lexie Jaye!!!