My kids were downstairs 'watching' a movie while I was upstairs folding laundry. I called them up so we could go to the bank. They came racing up the stairs and I tell them to get their shoes on. I look over to make sure they are listening and my darling precious daughter is BLUE! Yes, that's right, BLUE!
Her FACE! BLUE!
Her NECK! BLUE!
Her EARS! (even in the crevices) BLUE!
Her HANDS! BLUE!
Apparently they were playing SMURFS! She let her brother color her with a dry erase marker from their easel set. When asked "Why?", she replies with a confused look "But, it didn't hurt!?"
If I was thinking, I would have taken a picture but I immediately began trying to de-smurf my daughter. It came off her face, neck and ears pretty good (you can still tell, but now it just looks like someone beat her up) but her palms are still a lovely shade. The girls at the bank thought she was bruised and gave her sympathy. Then I embarrassed her and told them the truth. I am a mean mom like that. I guess I should be happy it was just her and not my walls and couches too.
When I dropped them off at my moms shortly after the lecture about markers, Cam solemnly told Nana "No color Lexie with colors!" I hope he remembers that!
3 comments:
ok that is hilarious!! so glad it wasn't like your new couches or something! but pretty dissapointed you didn't take any pictures!! you are in need of a picture update on here!!
Too funny! And Lexi's earrings are fabulous!
I'm STILL laughing!
Post a Comment