Sunday, March 21, 2010

Its been a while....again. I don't know why I don't post very often. Things happen and I think, oh that would be a good post. But it never gets written. Its been anything but boring around here. I don't even know where to start.

  • I have been sewing a bit. Astonishing, I know. I have made a few of these crayon rolls for birthday gifts.



Lexie adores hers that Auntie Jennie made and wanted to give to them to all her friends. So easy to make. I feel like I am almost crafty or something.

  • My darling daughter turned FIVE! I can't even stand to think about it! Her birthday was February 27th but Keith was still up north and Lexie's good friend was having her birthday party that day so we moved it back a week. I felt bad that we didn't even tell her it was her birthday. When inviting her friends to the party, she over heard me say it was March 6th. She immediately said "No, my birthday is in February!" So her birthday became February-March 6th. Lexie, did however, do something exciting on the 27th! She finally got her ears pierced! YEAH! I have wanted her to do this for a long time, but she kept telling me she had to be 85 years old. Then when she heard her friend was doing it, she wanted to as well. She was quite the trooper! With the help of freezing cream and lots on encouragement, she did it! Didn't even flinch! She is so proud and when she talks to people who haven't noticed, she tilts her head and waits for the compliment! Ah my Lexie! Her February-March 6th party will have to be a separate post, as the pics are on the camera in Rainbow Lake.






  • I learned something else while Keith has been gone. I shouldn't bake at all. The kids don't eat that much and then I end up eating most of it. I made these Toffee Chocolate Chip cookies and they are sooooo yummy!
  • I guess another thing I should mention is I was in an accident on March1st. I was stopped for a pedestrian on a bike and was rear-ended by what I later learned was an 2010 F350 truck. It was a hit and run and was probably one of the worst experiences I have ever had, but thankfully my kids weren't with me. I had just left from meeting with Regan when I was hit. I got out of my truck and when I saw my truck smashed and there was no one there, I pretty much lost my ever lovin mind. I called Regan, who was only a few blocks away, and then a passerby stopped and called 911. Apparently I was dazed and wandering around. He called an ambulance and I was taken to the hospital and was later released with severe whiplash and an incredible headache. My Explorer has been written off and I am now searching for my next set of wheels. I get to go for Chiropractor and massage 4x a week, lucky me. I just need to get rid of the headaches now......but I am thankful that that is all I have to deal with. It could have been much worse!
There are some other things I want to get written down, but time is short so this will have to do for now.

3 comments:

Jennie Holt said...

ya its about time you blogged! ha ha you should have lots of time to blog while keith is gone...so i am going to expect it alot more!! ha ha too cute lexie is adorable! she looks super cute and grown up with her earrings!!

Lisha said...

that's so scary about your accident! I hope you're feeling better!

KellyLady said...

WHAT!!!! Apparently I'm going to have to call you a lot more often. I'm so glad that you're OK! Good luck with finding new wheels!