The whole H1N1 thing has me stressed out. We opted not to have our kids vaccinated. The first day it was offered, we stood in line for 2 1/2 hrs and when we finally made it to the doors of the building, they ran out. I took it as a sign. The other reason is we know too many people that chose to, and their kids got super sick. Not saying that was from the vaccine but we didn't want to take the chance for Keith's sake. Kind of ironic tho, I guess the vaccine is supposed to prevent that . Then the past few days, the kids both developed fevers and Lex got sick today. (Pretty sure its not H1N1; neither one is coughing or anything like that.) But it made me wonder if we made the right decision. I guess it doesn't matter now tho, they can't get vaccinated while sick either. Its so hard to make these types of decisions. But it is also hard to see your kids sick too. I think we are generally healthy, so hopefully we made the right decision.
Halloween came and went. I remembered that we should carve pumpkins the day before. Oops! Lexie did an amazing job drawing what she wanted cut out. I followed it exactly and it looked so good! Cam had zero interest in carving pumpkins. But he hugs them everytime he walks up the front steps. I thought I was ahead of the game b/c I bought Cam's lion costume a month or two ago. Turns out that it was too small. (Even tho it was supposed to fit 2T-3T) He literally had it on less then a minute. I put it on him, zipped it up and he unzipped it and took it off. So he went as himself and Lexie was Tinkerbell again. We went to the three neighbors around us, went to Keith parents, Aunts and grandparents houses and then we headed to Raymond for the Fire Hall tradition. We ended at my moms and ate the very best caramel apples! Pretty quiet Halloween but the kids got tons of candy from the few places we went. Lexie also had a party at school. Cam was sooo excited to be able to stay and play. They had great snacks and set up carnival games. The kids had so much fun.
I am sure there are lots of other things that I have missed. I definitely have been faced with how delicate health can be. I appreciate how healthy I am. I also appreciate the family that I have! My Dad spent the day with me while Keith was in the hospital, my Mom and MIL have taken the kids while we were in Calgary and while I am working. My brother even brought us ribs tonight for supper. Friends have stepped up to help with the kids and entertain Keith (he is soo bored he's even reading books! Something I have never seen him do!) So thank you everyone! Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts you have sent our way. Thank you for caring about us enough to check in and come visit. ~THANK YOU!~
2 comments:
glad it's all working out. Wish I was close so I could help too. Guess I 'll just keep sending good thoughts and prayers!
Wow! You sound busy but also like a normal mom. I will up during the week of American Thanksgiving. Maybe we could do lunch?
Post a Comment