A few weekends ago, Lexie and I were invited by a good friend of ours to go to the Spruce Meadows Christmas Craft Fair with her and her mom. I jumped at the chance to go, not for the craft fair part, but for the chance to spend the day with the girls! We left Keith and Cam with her husband and off we went. I can't even explain how excited Lexie was to be going. I am not sure if it was because she was leaving C behind or if it was because she got to watch a DVD of her choice the entire way there and back.
When we got to Spruce Meadows, I explained to Lexie what we were doing and how she had to be a VERY good girl. My friend's Grandpa gave Lexie a toonie to spend on "treasure" and I told her to keep her eyes open for what she wanted to buy. The second aisle Lexie discovered horse stuffed animals. She was instantly in love. (Since she met this good friend of ours, an ex barrel racer, Lexie has become obsessed with horses. She talks about then constantly and is always pretending to be one.) She decided that she for sure want to buy this medium sized horse (imagine it as slightly larger then a regular sized teddy bear but as a horse, of course.) Since I am a mean mom, I told Lex to remember that it was there and that we would keep looking JUST in case there might be something else she wanted as there were 2 other pavillions of booths to visit. BIG MISTAKE!
Every booth we stopped at after that, Lexie announced that she wanted the horse. Then she was hungry, then her feet hurt, then she wanted to go home. All meaning that she wanted to go back and get her horse. We made it through all of the booths and I told Lexie we could go pick up her horse. We fought threw the maze of people to get back to the right booth. When we got there, Lexie had to decide which color of horse she wanted. I noticed that underneath the ones she was looking at were 'beanie baby' sized horses~that were have half the price of the ones she was looking at. I mentioned to her that she could get two of the smaller horses instead of just getting the bigger one. She immediately jumped on the idea, saying how great it was that both her and Cam could have a horse. I was very impressed with her very mature decision, I was so sure she would just want the larger one for herself. Its moments like these that I feel like I have done something right in raising these wonderful kids of ours.
**I would totally recommend going to the Spruce Meadows Christmas Fair. There was tons to see and taste and I was very impressed with the Spruce Meadows grounds. Hopefully, we can go back in the summer to actually see the horses. On a side note, I would suggest wearing your coat instead of leaving it in your vehicle, as there are booths both inside and outside. This would also apply to any children you might be taking with you. I am surprised we didn't end up with nasty colds! :) Just a thought!
2 comments:
oh what fun girl time! it always amazes me when they think of their younger siblings in things like that. Good on ya for raising such a great kid! But of course you are her mom so I wouldn't expect anything less!
Pat yourself on the back! You have done well :)
Post a Comment