Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Apple Pie Filling

Being the good mom that I am, I decided my daughter needed to learn the art of canning. So off to my mom's we went to can apple pie filling. Yeah right, who am I kidding. I needed to learn the art of canning. Anyways, it all worked out. We made 2 boxes of apples into pie filling. I have to say, you need an apple peeler/slicer to do this. There is no other way. Lexie was a great lil helper. She peeled most of apples...with the handy peeler of course. So glad we did this today. I will become a homemaker yet, just you wait and see.





This isn't even half of the jars...



YUM!! YUM!!

3 comments:

KellyLady said...

great job!

Anonymous said...

K, I hope you wrote it all down so you can teach me!! Or maybe I can convince your mom to trade me apple pie filling for my pig slippers:)

Lisha said...

I think the apple peeler/corer may be one of the greatest inventions ever!