Tuesday, September 28, 2010

4 Facts of Kindergarten

 It was Lexie's special day at Kindergarten so I got to tag along. We took along our snack that included all four food groups (a very big deal to a five year old learning nutrition and who wanted the certificate if you had all four.) It turned out that I learned more that day then I think Lexie did.

1) If you know Lexie at all, she is a talker. She will talk even if no one is listening. However, at school, she does not talk. The teacher asked if any of the students knew how to print a capital "L".  (hello, LEXIE) Tons of tiny hands shot up in the air....Lexie sat quietly with her hands in her lap. Not a sound. Very weird.

2) Lexie seems to only play with boys. Help me! She has 2 very good 'boy' friends that she plays with weekly but I never thought that would help develop a boys only social thing. I asked her on the way home why she only played with boys to which she replied "Its just easier Mom!"  She even went as far as when she got to choose who got to play first, eat first, line up first, etc., she choose all boys until the teacher politely reminded her to choose girls too. What is a Mom to do?   I am not sure if this is a good thing.

3) Lexie may have a small crush. She totally did a hair toss when she greeted cute Caleb in the morning. Very interesting.

4) I also may have the child that remembers 10 min before she leaves for school that day, that she had a homework assignment even though she was asked on the way home the day before if she had an assignment. Very frustrating.

I don't think I am cut out for the school mom thing. Definitely going back to the 3-4 year old I had a year or so ago.

1 comment:

KellyLady said...

yep, you could be in trouble :) It gets a little easier but harder as well as they get into higher grades. I have a friend who hosted a "tea" party for her daughter and some girls from her class to try and help her make friends with some of the girls - she was new to the school but maybe that would help Lex like some of the girls?
good luck!