- My darling daughter had to get glasses. Intestested in the story...no...well then skip ahead. We were at my mom's about a month ago and I happened to be facing Lex as she was watching a movie. I noticed that one of her eyes was turning in. Kind of like she was half cross-eyed. I said something to her and when she looked at me they straightened up. Then when she went back to her movie the one eye gradually moved in again. So I made her an appt with the optometrist and to spare you the details, we went to get another opinion. It turns out that her one eye is extrememly far sighted (meaning she can't see up close). It would turn to try and look at what the other eye was seeing. If we ignored the problem then her brain would eventually lose vision in that eye. She had to get glasses and she picked out the cutest ones there! (I was worried cuz they put character logos on the lenses of the the display glasses and I was afraid she would pick ones just for the logo. She did pick princess fairy ones but they really suit her. Check them out!
So then I took her back last Wednesday and it turns out that the glasses are helping with her vision but the eye still wants to turn in. Lex has been referred to an peds opthamologist in Calgary and he will determine if she will need surgery to shorten the muscle in her eye so it stays straight. Her Optometrist here thinks it is very likely she will have to have the surgery. Needless to say, I am/was very sad for her. She has no idea and the thought of my lil girl having surgery terrifies me. But we will do what has to be done cuz the poor kid needs to see properly and have straight eyes. I will let you know more when I know more....but in the mean time she wears her glasses every day without complaining and I think they really suit her!
- Keith has been working like crazy. The on call stuff is terrible. We just found out that he has to work Christmas Eve, Day and Boxing Day. I was not impressed but he seems to be accepting that this is what he has to do. He went hunting yesterday in the -25 degree weather and (thankfully) didn't get anything. He was really disappointed but I wasn't. Can't really say I like the wild meat we get to eat afterwards. Jerky ok....everything else....blech! We are still waiting to hear back from Pratt and Whitney. He has a jop offer there but no start date. Hopefully that comes soon cuz this tow truck stuff is for the birds! He has made some pretty nice friends though , hopefully they stick around even after he quits there.
- Little Cam is growing up fast. He is talking more and more and sleeping less and less. He is up so many times in the night and I can't seem to figure out why. Then he gets up around 6am and sometimes we can nap for a bit on the couch together until Keith and Lex get up but sometimes he just whines or plays until then. Its killing me...the bags under my eyes will never go away at this rate! He talks really well now....or maybe I just understand him better....not really sure which it is. He loves to sing songs and play ring round the rosies and watch DDD's (dvd's). Every toy is his car (meaning he sits on everything and rides it around the room). I can't believe he is growing up soo fast!
- I'm just here doing the mom thing and getting ready for Christmas. Most things are BOUGHT and WRAPPED (yeah for me). Just one or two things more to grab. I have baked and cleaned and decorated the house. I just wish there were lights up outside but I dont' see that happening again this year. (hint to Keith....even though I am quite sure you don't read this) I have made the best Oreos and butter tarts ever! and I haven't even eaten most of them. Michelle came over really early yesterday and decided that I needed a Christmas tree up. She called mom and dad and they brought over her fake tree and decorations that we just staying out in their garage. She put up the tree and lights and then Lex and I helped with the rest of the decorations. We even rearranged the entire living room which hasn't changed in the 6 years we have lived here. Crazy, I know. I think it looks great and Keith even likes it too after he quit sulking that I finally moved things around like he has been trying to get me to do for the past few years. :) lol
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Remember Me??
Hello....remember me? Yeah, I know...its been awhile. Not really sure why but it has. I often think oh I should write about this or that but obviously that is as far as it goes. So what's been going on with us?? Well.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the glasses. They suit Lexie so well. We are coming home tomorrow and will be in town for a little while. Hope to see you!
Post a Comment