Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hallow's Eve

Once again its Halloween. Can't really say that it is my favorite holiday. They could even cancel Halloween and I wouldn't be too upset. Its hard to get kids dressed up how they want and then they get all of this candy that you really don't want them to eat and then you end up eating it all yourself. At least that is what happens to me!! Anyhoo...Halloween here has come and gone and I dare say that it was actually great. We carved pumpkins and baked/decorated sugar cookies (that turned out fabulously well I might add) at the beginning of the week. Lexie and Cam loved drawing on the pumpkins and Keith carved his and theirs. ( I think he might have enjoyed it more then they did!)




Lexie dressed up as:


(Tinkerbell)

And I finally convinced Cam to dress as an:

(Elephant)

I say convinced cuz he wouldn't put on this costume, or his dinosaur costume (both borrowed) or even wear the red cowboy hat that I bought because he wouldn't wear either of the other costumes. But as we were leaving to trick or treat our neighbours he said "Phant! Phant!" and put it on willingly. Earlier in the day we went trick or treating at the mall and he just wore his plaid shirt and wranglers (which were soooo cute on him) and held his bag out for the candy.

(Oh funny side story....Lexie had a wand that went with her costume. We were driving to the mall and this was our conversation:

Lex: Mom, where is my magic wand?
Me: Oh, I guess we forgot it at home.
Lex: Well Mom, I guess we learned a lesson here. The lesson here is that we should always check to see that we have everything before leaving the house. Think we can remember that next time?"

I could hardly keep a straight face! She acts so grown up some times and its hard to remember that she is only 3 1/2 years old. So very cute!

We did the mall thing, came home and waited for Keith to get home. His parents stopped by with treats and to see the kids costumes. Then we headed to Raymond to go see family and stop at the firehall. I have been going to the Fire Hall since, well, forever on Halloween. We trick or treat and then have hamburgers with the fireguys and their families. Its a tradition that I hope to keep up even tho it will probably get a bit hectic as the kids get older.


Here is Elephant Cam in the fire truck that he refused
to get out of!!


1 comment:

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

Super cute and fun. I love your kids and yes Lexie is the cutest ballerina that I ever did see!